Saturday, August 30, 2008

Medallion Foods Family Night


Last night we had our annual Medallion Foods Family Night at the Rainiers. The Rainiers are the AAA team of the Mariners. There were a few players that have played with the Mariners. Nathan got the night off to go to the game. We probably had about 35 of our employees with their families there. Everyone had a great time.

Nathan had the opportunity to talk to Michael Ishida (our president), Tomo Sone (our VP) as well as everyone one the floor. Ian was followed around by all of the asian ladies (or Oompa Loompas). They all just doted over him, calling him handsome and asking him to go home with them. He just smiled and let them spoil him. One in particular, Mira, taught Ian how to say "hello" in Korean. Throughout the evening she would come up to him and say hello to him and he would respond back in Korean. That made her day. I think that everyone of the ladies would take him as their son. He LOVES the attention.

Nathan is real impressed with the group I work with. He was told by Mr. Ishida that the Japanese think of me as the "Ichiro" of Medallion. He was so proud.

I am very blessed to have the job that I do and the opportunities that my employer offer me.

2 comments:

Verlynn said...

How fun! You know that I am super proud of you. Ian and Nathan are pretty dang special too. Sure do love all of you. Do we have to start calling you Ichiro now?

Natalie said...

That is so awesome Heather. But of course we always knew you were one of the best. Glad you guys had fun.