Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weekend in Las Vegas

So the family decided to take a last minute trip to Las Vegas before Ian starts school. We left Washington on Wednesday. We stayed with mom and dad for as couple of days. While in Vegas, we went school clothes shopping for Ian. I tell you what, I love Old Navy. Eight shirts, two pairs of jeans all for under $120. Sweet!!

On Friday, we went to Kevin and Anita's to travel with them to Beaver. They have a cabin up around Beaver Mountain. While on the mountain, we had a blast. Pretty much most of the day on Saturday we went quadding. My hands are still hurting from gripping the handle bars so tight in order to not go off the trail. Ian played with Hunter and Paige. He kept everyone entertained. Kevin and Anita were not as cheerful as usual. Their oldest daughter BreighAn is six months pregnant. She just found out that her baby will probably not live long after his birth. There is major disabilities and problems going on. He is not able to move his arms or legs. They really needed the vacation.

We are so glad that we visited. I wish I was able to see everyone though. I didn't get to see Ginger or Steve. I will need to plan another trip soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sad I didn't get to see you either. Glad you had a fun weekend though. Too sad about your friends daughter. BTW..I didn't know you were such a Twilight fan (countdown and everything)

Verlynn said...

I'm shocked with the Twilight deal! Wow, you are hooked. Glad you were all able to come this weekend. Always love having you here. I didn't know about the daughter's issues. Wasn't she here that time they were over for dinner? Anyway, come again soon.

Natalie said...

Come back soon Heather. Maybe we can all go see Twilight together in November. Sooo cool!!