Monday, March 9, 2009
Here we go again!!
On Wednesday, March 4th, I started monitoring the contractions I was having. They were coming very consistent at about 1 hour or less apart. While talking to mom on the way home from work, she strongly convinced me to call my doctor and let him know about the contractions. I called the doctor and told them that I have had 12 contractions so far that day (it was about 2:30 pm). They told me to go to the Labor and Delivery center at the hospital to be monitored. I was definitely not ready for this. I spent many long hours, days, weeks..... in Labor and Delivery with Ian. I do not want to do it again with Garrett. Nathan had already left for work. I called him sobbing and he left right away to go with me to the hospital. I called mom and she was ready to get on a plane to come up to Washington. D'Orr called Brother Anderson to come over to give me a blessing. They gave me a blessing before heading off to the hospital. Nancy and D'Orr drove me to the hospital and Nathan arrived at the same time. (I think he was speeding a bit in rush hour traffic. He also took the carpool lane, but I was glad he was there.) I checked into the hospital and the memories came flooding back. They hooked me up to the fetal monitors. Garrett was very active. It was nice to hear him moving and hear his heart beating. They monitored me for about two hours. Then they checked my cervix to make sure it was still closed. They explained that I needed to follow up with Dr. Mitchell, but to continue with the modified bed rest until I saw him. I go in to see Dr. Mitchell on Thursday. He will be doing the fetal fibronectin test every two weeks from here on out. This is going to be an eventful last three months. (if I make it three months!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Aww, so sorry to hear that Heather. At least you have a TON more support then you did with Ian. Love ya, and praying for ya!! I wish I could find some time to come and help ya.
Good girl! It always pays to listen to your mama. It's nice to know you have so much support with this one. I'm feeling a bit left out. (Not really) I'm so glad everyone there is concerned and loves you so much.
You can make it! Just keep following Dr. (and Hubby's) orders!
Post a Comment