Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Family Addition

On Monday, November 10, we welcomed a new addition to our family. Nathan went down to California to pick up Kelsey his 17 year old niece. She was having a hard time down there and Nathan is her legal guardian. He received a phone call early Saturday morning regarding Kelsey, he looked at me and said "are you ready for a teenager?" What a question to ask. Who is ever really READY for a teenager? But of course, we were both more than happy to have her be part of our family. He brought her home on Monday and she is going to be part of our family now. In January or February (or once we move into a bigger place) her brother Kyle will also be joining our family.

This is really a life changing experience. I am trying to figure out how I am going to be with a 17 yr old, 16 yr old, 6 yr old and a newborn. Not to mention the three that will probably start coming over more often now that Kelsey, Kyle and the baby are coming.

Hey, I guess life is always full of surprises. We just desperately need to move out of our two bedroom/ one bath duplex. SCARY!!!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Holy cow. You guys are crazy, but so glad you're willing to help out. I'll be praying for you and for Nathan with dealing with teenagers.

Unknown said...

Woah....I thought a 13 year old was tough. You'll do fine. Breathe in...breathe out!

Verlynn said...

Kelsey and Kyle are sweethearts and I'm glad they are now officially my grandkids! Warn them that they have to be ready for hugs. Relax and take things one day at a time. My only real advice is to have family prayer and eat in the kitchen at the table and not in front of the TV. Get to know one another.