Yesterday, Nathan and I went to see the OB for another visit. This was the initial OB visit where they drain my veins of blood and do all of the necessary tests to determine how things are going. Fortunately, Dr. Mitchell did another ultrasound. It was so cool. We were able to see the baby kick and moves his/her arms. It was so neat to see how much the baby has already grown.
After the ultrasound, Dr. Mitchell asked me a few more questions. I began sharing how my first pregnancy went. The preterm labor, the hospitalizations, the fetal assessments, the neonatologists appointments, the PIH. He went right back to the computer and began typing a long book in my profile. He is going to send me to another neonatologist for consultation. I am already on blood pressure pills so he will keep a close eye on that. He will begin pre-eclempsia testing at 20 weeks. He will use this test as a baseline for the remainder of the pregnancy. He said that most patients have a 5-10% chance of getting pre-eclempsia, but with my history of hypertension and all of my thyroid issues, I have a >30% chance. LOVELY! Nathan and I are praying that all of this is just precautionary and will not come to fruition.
Next appointment is in 4 weeks (December 15th). We won't find out the sex at that appointment. We will have to wait until January. To bad we won't know before Christmas!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So exciting! Can't wait for our January appointment. What is your "for real" due date? Am sure you'll make it that long by the way! Love these babies!
I'm so excited for you Heather. I can't wait to find out if I'm having another niece or nephew. Gonna be awesome!!
Yay! I love reading your blog! It is so fun to catch up with you and your little (huge!) family!! It definitely sounds like you have your hands full. When you told me on the phone that you are "too old" for this, I didn't realize all that "this" entailed. My goodness, but your pregnancy sounds so complicated already. We will keep you in our prayers. I hope this one is incident-free and you come through with no issues.
Post a Comment