Millersylvania
All of my peers at work arranged a camping weekend prior to the cold and rainy season (wait, that's year round in Washington) Anyway, we went on Ian's birthday. It was a lot of fun. We rented a boat to go canoeing on the lake. We played lots of games. There were other kids there for Ian to play with.
I made a birthday cake for Ian and Sydney (one of my coworkers daughter) We really had a great time.
Family
The family is doing well.
Nathan went to Leavenworth, Washington for some management training. He was there for three days with all of the "tree huggers" He was very disappointed with the food selection. It was way too "natural". I think the training was good over all. He continues to be successful at Alaska Airlines. He is not liking the swing shift though. I am not very fond of it either. This schedule rarely allows us to see each other.
Ian is still in kindergarten (geez, I have only taken about 2 weeks off of blogging!!). He is doing very well and still has only had "thinking time" once. I have unofficially become the class mom. I go in quite often to volunteer. I enjoy being able to do what I can to better Ian's education. Ian loves kindergarten and has informed me that he has not found a girlfriend yet. He homework is to read a book every day (more like I read Ian a book every day). We have done quite well with the assignments. Ian has already brought home his fund raiser CRAP.. Ugh, this is the part I am not real excited about. I took Ian to the doctor today for his 6 year well check. He is healthy and BIG. He is in the 95th percentile in height and over the charts in weight. I asked the docter what I should do about his weight and he suggested that I start getting him involved in the Puyallup Roughriders (Peewee football). Good Idea!
I am beginning to see what Ginger experiences. Let me explain. Yesterday I went to work for 8 hours beginning at 6 am. Then I went to the school to call the kindergarten volunteers and get all information. Next I picked up Ian and we went grocery shopping. We went home and while he was playing outside for a bit I began laundry, baked a cake and created a volunteer list and calendar for October. Next I fixed dinner for Ian and myself. I gave Ian a bath and read him a story before bed (remember the homework assignment). I filled out Ians Scholastic book sale thingy. Put together all of the information for the volunteer list for Ms. Noble and Mrs. McCracken. Then I decorated the cake I baked for a coworker's birthday today. I began my day at 4:30 am when my alarm went off and finished decorating the cake at 11:45 pm. Whew, I am so glad I had time for myself..... NOT!!!
I actually really enjoy working at the school with Ian. I understand what teachers go through. I want to ensure that they have the time to focus on what the kids need (including mine). If that means I need to help out, I am there. I think my biggest issue right now is work. I have a boss that really is a jerk. He feels that women are beneath men and should be at home barefoot and pregnant. He is giving me greif about things with Ian. He is really making my job not very enjoyable. I have a hard time going to work.
Well, that is about all that is going on in the Krambule household. Not too exciting.... TTFN



4 comments:
wow, you are a slacker...NOT! Welcome to the school mom zone! I'm actually doing better at saying no (sometimes). Don't overwhelm yourself...just enjoy the journey and SMILE :D
Have missed your updates. Tell M....to bug off and leave you alone or your mama is going to come up and punch his lights out. Glad Ian is enjoying school. I'll read him a story for bedtime when I come up and give you a night off.
you're slacking off again!
This is Nathan.....She is slacking off. I need to have things to read when at work and I enjoy her blog but reading the same thing over and over and over ......you get the point. If you do not have something interesting make something up...LOVE YOU SWEATHEART.
Post a Comment