We had the first kindergarten parent/teacher conference yesterday. Ian's teacher, Ms. Noble, is very young. She just graduated from PLU last spring. I think at times she is overwhelmed. Anyway, Ian has been tested on math and reading skills. He does ok on the numbers, but the reading skills are somewhat lacking. He scored very high on the comprehension, but the letter recognition was a low score. He qualifies for a state Title I class. I knew that he was not comfortable with his alphabet, so I am glad he will get the help. He does not like to work with us at home.
Ms. Noble also encouraged us to enter Ian into drawing contests. She gave us some information. She explained that Ian is an excellent artist and has quite the talent for going far.
Ian also doesn't finish all of his work. He knows how to do it, but gets side tracked when he checks other people's papers and tells them that they are doing it wrong. He gets caught up with being the paper police, that he forgets to finish his own work.
Overall, Ian is doing well so far in kindergarten. Only 12 more grades to go......
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good luck! 12 seems like a pretty big number right now but will pass very quickly. Ian will be fine. He just needs to find his nitch.
I'm sure Ian will do just fine. Just gotta get used to the more strict nature of school.
Post a Comment