Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THE BIG NEWS

It has finally happened...... I am PREGNANT.

We have been trying for awhile. Two years ago, I had a miscarriage and some issues. When they did the D&C, the doctor found that I had a uterine polyp the size of a "little smokie". This polyp would not allow the pregnancy to continue by preventing the baby to completely attach to my uterine wall. After surgery and months of spotting (UGH). The doctor game me the go ahead to try again. We waited a little while for various reasons, but felt that it was a good time to try again and.... It Worked.

Ian is really excited about the whole thing, but I don't think that it has completely sunk in yet since I am not showing. He keeps asking me if I was sure that there was a baby in my tummy.

Both families are also super excited. It has been a couple of years on both sides since a new baby has come into the family. Mom is already planning her trip up to Washington. This is a good thing since I haven't had a baby without her. She was an integral part in birthing Ian. Nancy has given strict instructions to Nathan and Ian that I am to rest at all possible times so that I don't lose this baby as well.
I am glad that I have so much support. I am going to need it since it has been almost 7 years since my last baby!

I will keep everyone posted!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Woo Hoo Heather. I am soo happy for you guys. I'm praying for you to have a healthy pregnancy. Of course this will be totally different then Ian in more ways then one. Be sure to let me know if you need anything!!

Verlynn said...

I am so excited!!! After seeing the pics of Ammon on the forum tonight I realized that I'm totally baby hungry! Can't wait to hold him and this new little stinker is going to be positively precious. "It" is not going to be a cranky pot like some other baby we know and love was..