May 25th, I was hospitalized with a blood pressure of 170/122. After what seemed like a year of being on bed rest, my doctor decided that it was time to have the baby. I was induced on May 26th at about 11am. I delivered our beautiful baby boy on May 27th at 1:37am. The delivery went alright. I was given an epidural, however it didn't take. I was actually surprised that it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Nathan and Nancy were there for the delivery. Nathan even cut the cord! The baby didn't respond as quickly as I would have liked, but after a bit he began crying. I had some pretty major hemorrhaging after the delivery. I didn't regain my strength for a few days after the delivery.
Patrick Garrett Krambule was 7lb 13oz, 20 inches long. We will be calling him Garrett after much contemplation! I was beginning to think that he was going to have an identity crisis.
There were a few issues after we took him home. He had severe jaundice. We took him for blood work everyday and finally went into the hospital for IV treatment. But it finally cleared up enough that his doctor was happy.
I have forgotten how difficult it is having a newborn. I am way too old to not get any sleep. Fortunately, Nathan took two weeks of "Daddy Bonding Time" to help me through the transition.
Christy, Nathan's sister, had her baby one week before Garrett was born. Her name is Addison Elizabeth Haag. It has been fun watching the two of them grow together.
On June 16th, Ian graduated from kindergarten. Nathan, Garrett and I went to his school celebration. He was so proud of his accomplishments. Nathan and I were also so happy since we were a little worried with the lack of motivation Ian has had since the beginning of the school year.


We had the opportunity to go to Vegas to see the family and so that everyone could meet Garrett. It was great fun, very hot and way too short. All of my brothers and sisters were able to see Garrett. We also went and spent time with Granny. On Thursday, we all (except Smitty) went to lunch in Green Valley.




I started back to work on July 10th. Garrett was 6 weeks old. It has been very difficult to go back. With all of the sleepless nights, I am not functioning as well as I would like. I have a hard time getting up and leaving Garrett and Ian. Ian keeps telling me that I need to call in sick so that I can stay home and play. I WISH!
On Tuesday, July 21st, I took Garrett in for his 8 week checkup and vaccinations. He is now 22 1/2 inches and weighs 11lb 15.5oz. No wonder I am having back pains! Garrett started smiling about 1 1/2 weeks ago and loves to play. Ian is warming up to his little brother whom he refuses to call Garrett. Ian thinks it is wrong to call a kid by their middle name. He lovingly calls him Patrick. Ian went with me to Garretts appointment because he wanted to see Garrett get his shots. He was anxious for the doctor to finish his check up so the nurse could get down to work. As soon as Garrett got the first shot and the scream filled the room, Ian dropped down behind the bed and started to get tears in his eyes. He did not like to see and hear his little brother in pain. It touched me to see how much love siblings have for each other even at such a young age.
Everything is going well on the homefront. Nathan is doing extremely well at work. He is kept busy with all of the unruly people flying. It is awesome that he loves his job! The house remodeling has been put on the back burner ever since Garrett was born. Nathan and I are both so exhausted that we can barely walk half the time.


I will try to keep posting on a more regular basis now that I am not confined to a bed and finally feel good!





4 comments:
Glad to see I'm loved again. LOL He's just too cute, and Ian...quite the character. When are you coming for another visit???
So good to see the update. What a chunky little monkey Garrett is getting to be. It was so good to see you. I really need to come your way, um, well, when it cools down anyway!
No kidding it was time for an update! I nearly cried seeing my grandsons! So wonderful. Garrett really does look happy. So thankful all is going well.
Happy to see all is well Heather! Good job!
Post a Comment